About Pro 1 Driving Academy
Back ground information
I have commenced driver training in July 2005 and our business has been growing steadily ever since. Prior to driver training I was a tradesman. During my 15 years as a tradesman I had the opportunity to train apprentices. Before long, I realised that I have a passion for training and working with people, including slow learners. I often get complemented for being very patient and able to explain things thoroughly. I hold Certificate 4 in Training and Assessment. For a few years I worked for a large government department in a customer service role and also in the tourism industry.
Affiliations and Memberships
We are keeping up to date with relevant industry standards and maintaining regular contact with professional associations like
- Australian Driver Trainers Association (ADTA)
- Government departments (State Growth - Transport Department/Driver Licensing)
- Various driver training organisations (RACT)
Rotary Youth Driver Awareness (RYDA) program
- Online booking is available by click on the Bookings tab. Visit our booking page for information on appointment availability and prices.
- You can book online in advance to get the desired appointment day and time that suits you best.
- Pick up and drop off at your designated location for driving lesson (within town boundaries).
- Please allow 24 hours for change of appointment or cancelation. (See cancelation policy under the Cancelations tab).
- Authorised P1Driving Assessment.
- Personalised customer service to suit your learning needs.
- Practice test in preparation for P1 Practical Driving Assessment (by another driving school) by fine tuning your driving skills.
- Defensive driving technique with hazard perception, hazard responds, and emergency stop practice (3 second stop).
- Learner and novice drivers who have either never driven before or need to build more confidence.
- Overseas drivers getting ready for their Tasmania licence conversion test.
- Out of practice drivers wanting to update their driving skills.